1.0 - Who we are
Brondesbury Sports Club (BSC) is a sports club providing Tennis, Cricket and Squash membership. Brondesbury Sports Club Ltd, is a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 10015162 our registered office is Brondesbury Sports Club 5a Harman Drive, London, NW2 2EB, UK.
As of 25th May 2018 a new data privacy regulation comes into force, known as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which supersedes the Data Protection Act 1998. GDPR requires organisations to consider data they hold more closely, whether there is a requirement to hold the data at all and ensure robust security is in place for any Personal Data that organisations do hold.
Under GDPR we have a number of lawful reasons that we can use (or 'process') your personal information. One of the lawful reasons is called 'legitimate interests'.
Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means that we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
So, what does this mean? When you provide your personal details to us we use your information for our legitimate business interests to assist with membership subscriptions and member updates. We only use individuals’ data in ways they would reasonably expect, unless we have a very good reason. We are not using people’s data in ways they would find intrusive or which could cause them harm, unless we have a very good reason.
3.0 What data do we collect and why BSC collects personal data related to memberships, this data includes:
- Full Name - to identify members
- Email address - used to communicate with members
- Date of Birth - used to determine age for age related membership
- Address - used in case of emergency i.e. to deliver a child home or for location based memberships such as living outside M25
- Phone number - used to contact members when email has been unsuccessful
- Gender - used for addressing in emails, newsletters for gender specific topics such as ladies or men’s teams
4.0 - How long we keep your data for:
Each new joining member of BSC pays a one-off joining fee. To ensure this charge is not made to old members rejoining the club we keep your data indefinitely unless you have instructed that data to be deleted.
5.0 - Your rights
- 5.2 - Rectification - Individuals have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you. You may request updates to your data via the club email address or you may also rectify the data yourself via the “Your Membership Account” section on the BSC website.
- 5.3 - Access - Individuals have the right to access their personal data. You are in full control of your data with online access at any time. This can be accessed via the “Your Membership Account” section on the BSC website.
- 5.4 - Erasure - Individuals have the right to delete all data that we hold. This can be achieved by contacting our club administrator by email or talking to one of the committee members. Your data will be removed within one month.
6.0 - What we do with your data
None of your personal data will be sold to third parties. Your data is used only for BSC membership related activities including reminders of subscriptions and newsletter communications.
7.0 - Data security
We take the protection of your data very seriously and have installed hacking prevention software to intercept any potential hacking requests to our website.
If you have any questions related to this policy please contact us by email.